Special Requirements in Child & Family Studies Courses
(Spring 2019) 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, January 30
(Summer 2019) 4:30 p.m. , Wednesday, May 22
Late items will not be accepted.
Some CDF courses require interaction with children or the elderly and a criminal record & child abuse and neglect (CAN) check will be done. If you have a record of criminal behavior, you may be required to drop the course and select another major. (Criminal Record Policy)
CDF 246, 310, 327s, 349, 405, 406, 541, 544, 741, 744, and 849
Must have all required items *submitted by the deadline or you will be disenrolled from the course(s) by the Dept. Chair's Office. Late items will not be accepted.
*Submitted means that cleared reports are not expected by this date but all your paperwork/applications must be in the Department Office (Burrier 102).
Practicum (CDF 351, 399, 443, & 450)
You must obtain an Application to Register for Practicum from the main office (Burrier 102) and submit that, in addition to completing the additional requirements listed below.
You will not be given an override to register for the class until all requirements are **completed. This can occur no later than the last day of drop/add. Late adds cannot be approved for practicum classes.
It can take weeks for some of the background checks to be processed. Please do it early !
** Completed means that your paperwork has been submitted AND we have received the cleared report.
You will be notified by EKU email when you have clearance to register.
Click each item for complete instructions
- TB Skin Test (Note:You must return to provider 48 hours after test is administered to get the results).
- Verified Credentials -Criminal Background Check (VC)
- Child Abuse and Neglect Background Check (CAN)
- Youth Leader Background Check (YLR)
Note: We cannot accept background checks you have on file outside the university.
Observation sites will quite often ask students for copies of all background checks and TB skin test results. You can obtain copies from this office by emailing a request at least 24 business hours in advance as follows:
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the items you need. (Provide your EKU ID number).
2. You will receive an email response when it is ready.
2. You must provide a photo ID in Burrier 102 to pick up your copies.
Questions? email@example.com 859-622-3445