Fashion Show 2017
f o c u s o n f a s h i o n
April 28th, 2017
The Lyric Theatre & Cultural Arts Center, Lexington
Calling all Fashion Designers, Artists, and Creators. You are invited!
Please, join us for our first ever 20/20 Vision Fashion Show, a collaboration between the Kentucky Lions Eye Foundation and the Apparel Design & Merchandising Program at Eastern Kentucky University.
DESIGNER INFO AND CONFIRMATION OF PARTICIPATION
How does it work?
● Any designer wishing to participate must be able to pick-up the glasses, lenses, or frames to be used in their designs.
● Multiple pick-up locations will be offered to accommodate designer location as well as a large variety of lenses and frames to accommodate any style.
● Designers are required to create one (1), and only one fashion ensemble to be featured in the show. Ensembles can include clothing garments as well as fashion accessories.
● The recycled eyewear should visually represent about 25% (or more) of the finished ensemble.
● All designs will be subject to a review by our show directors for appropriateness.
● Designs will be judged on: creativity, originality, construction, use of lenses, and overall effectiveness.
● Prizes will be awarded to the best designs.
What do I do next?
2. The Application due date has been extended to March 22nd.
3. Contact Ms. Edwards to arrange your pick-up location and time. Have your $15 applicant fee (accepted in cash only) with you at pick-up.
4. Email Ms. Edwards a 500 word designer biography and progress pictures from different stages in your design process. Deadlines will be announced at a later date.
Example of a show that is similar to this: www.nightofspectacles.org
ADM Program Website: www.fcs.eku.edu
KLEF Website: www.kylionseye.org
Night of spectacles: Fashion with a Mission, held April 2, 2016, in Atlanta, GA